Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Terax Shampoo and Conditioner, where have you been hiding?

The Terax haircare brand has been around along time as a leader in hair care and in my opinion has cult status. I have always been the kind of person where if there is a product everyone always talks about I have to try it! (I am the same with movies) I guess I just don't like the thought of not being able to put my two cents in... haha
Back to reason behind this post... I was able to finally try 2 of the products the Latte Clarifying Shampoo- $24.95 and what I consider to be their Hero product the Crema Condititioner-$29.95.
Let me start by saying I have always (pretty much) used the Priceline goodies from the likes of Herbal Essence, Sunsilk, the cheaper end hair care (not that there is anything wrong with it) but I have never really understood how someone could spend so much on hair care.
When I used the Shampoo the first thing I noticed was it smells like coconut liqueur... not the usual floral fragrance I am used to but I pushed through. When I used the conditioner it smelt (faintly) like seafood... I think that is the best way to describe it... It isn't as gross as it sounds.
The shampoo is a honey colour and is very runny in consistency which is kind of annoying as it runs out of my hand but my hair really agrees with it and builds up a great lather.
The conditioner I feel is quite a small tube, well I just don't think it will last well. The actual conditioner is white and nice and thick. I can tell instantly when I rub it into my hair that my hair laps it up like a big glass of water on a hot Summers day.
When I rinse it out my hair already feels soft and silky.
After when I dry my hair this is when you see the magic of Terax. Not only did my hair feel stronger, but it was ultra soft and silky and in better condition that it has felt in a long time. The smell doesn't linger in your hair either FYI.

So how does it do this? The Shampoo contains silk proteins which gives your hair the softness and the Latte is what cleans your hair or daily gunk build up (so great if you use a lot of product in your hair, also if your a swimmer) so you know your hair is really getting clean! When buying shampoo and conditioner it is important to look out of ingredients like sulfates and silicone as these can strip your hair of its colour and many hair care brands are avoiding their use, something Terax prides itself on.

The Conditioner contains Shea butter (a product I am absolutely loving right now) and its ingredients help to repair split ends and prevent breakage. There is one quote I want to use as this sounds fantastic "By altering the pH level of the hair, Terax Crema Conditioner opens the cuticle and allows moisture into hair leaving it soft, silky and shiny" I had no idea conditioner could do that. 


I already have purchased another tube of the conditioner as I want to continue using it as soon as this baby runs out and I am sure I will be using it for a long time to come. 


They are available: Through David Jones and also online through stores like adore beauty. 



Enjoy!


miss chew


xx

Please Note: These products were given to me to trial

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, good and bad, but please be nice and consider would you say that to your mother?
miss chew
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...